Everything You Need to Know About Visiting Edge
On March 11, Edge – the highest outdoor sky deck in the Western Hemisphere – is opening, allowing you to admire the skyline from more than 1,100 feet above the ground. (If you need to put that height into perspective, check out our infographic that compares Edge to other iconic structures around the world).
Ready to visit? Here is a guide to everything you need to know before you go.
Edge by the Numbers
• Edge stretches 80 feet out from the 100th floor of 30 Hudson Yards, and is 7,500 square feet.
• The elevator ride up to the top of Edge takes less than 60 seconds (roughly 19 feet per second!)
• On a clear day, the 360-degree views extend 80 miles out.
• The 3,000 square feet of 79 glass panels surrounding Edge are nine feet high, 1,200 pounds each, and angled 6.6 degrees out (allowing daring visitors to actually lean out over Manhattan).
• In the middle of the deck, a 225-square-foot glass triangular floor provides unprecedented views straight down to the ground.
• The entire deck weighs 765,000 pounds, and is composed of 15 sections each weighing between 35,000 and 100,000 pounds.
• Edge will be open 365 days a year from 8:00 am to 12 midnight
A Toast in the Clouds: For those of age, enjoy a glass of champagne or a handcrafted cocktail with indoor and outdoor beverage and light food service from the Champagne Bar.
Dine in the Sky: If the elevated height makes you peckish, head up to Level 101 for Peak – the restaurant, bar, café and event space operated by rhubarb hospitality group. Here, you can enjoy food made from fresh, local ingredients, as well as a bespoke drinks program, a wine list and whiskey bar. Peak will also have a bar and lounge on the fifth floor of Hudson Yards, with direct elevator access to Edge – so you can enjoy a little liquid courage before heading up.
• Related residents receive a special discount on tickets; check out the Related Connect App to purchase yours.
• All other visitor facts about Edge can be found here: edgenyc.com
The Related Life is written and produced by Related Luxury Rentals. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest events, news and announcements in your area, and tag us for a chance to be featured @therelatedlife and #therelatedlife.