Staying In: A Tart Recipe for Citrus Bars from queensyard
In these difficult times, it's important to find activities and tasks to do that will keep you feeling productive and centered. We can't think of a more enriching and nurturing task than cooking a delicious meal, which is why we asked Brian Yurko, Executive Pastry Chef at queensyard in Hudson Yards to send over a tart recipe for Citrus Bars you can make at home. Bake them as a snack for when you're hungry between meetings, or for a socially distanced picnic in the park.
*we have given these in grams (preferred) as well as tablespoons for those who do not have a baking scale.
|For the crust
∙ Butter, unsalted, 113g or 8 Tbsp
For the filling
∙Eggs, extra-large, 4 ea. (+/- 220g total)
For the Finishing
∙ Sugar, 10X / Confectioners, as needed
Directions for the Crust
1) Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
2) Combine everything in the bowl of a stand mixer. Use a paddle attachment to mix the dough until it pulls together.
3) Remove from the bowl and kneed together on the countertop.
4) Butter or grease a baking pan and line with parchment on the bottom and up the sides.
5) Press the dough into an even layer and bake until the edges turn golden brown.
Directions for the Filling
1) Blend the Eggs until smooth and whisk together with the remaining ingredients.
2) Pour the Filling into the pan- baked shell and bake at 350F (180C) for 30-35 minutes or until the bars are just set. They should jiggle but not form waves.
Directions for Finishing
1) Remove the Citrus Bars from the oven and leave to cool completely on the counter, then place in the refrigerator for at least an hour to overnight.
2) Lift the bars out of the pan with the parchment and place on a cutting board. Cut into even portions and dust with the 10X Sugar. Enjoy!
Watch Brian Yurko make the citrus bars, below!
The Related Life is written and produced by Related Luxury Rentals. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest events, news and announcements in your area, and tag us for a chance to be featured @therelatedlife and #therelatedlife.