Levain’s World-Famous Giant Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie Recipe
In these difficult times, it's important to find activities and tasks to do that will keep you feeling productive and centered. We can't think of a more enriching and nurturing task than cooking a delicious meal, which is why we asked Levain Bakery to share their world-famous giant chocolate chip walnut cookie recipe with us. You may not be able to line up for the chunky sweetness right now, but at least you can still enjoy it at home.
|∙ ½ cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter
∙ ¼ cup granulated sugar
∙ ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
∙ 1 large egg
∙ ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
∙ 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
|∙ 1 ½ teaspoon cornstarch
∙ ½ tsp baking powder
∙ ½ tsp kosher salt
∙ 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
∙ ½ cup walnuts, toasted & chopped (optional)`
Equipment: 2x Large mixing bowl, stand mixer (optional), large spoon/spatula, cookie tray
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut cold butter into cubes, toast and chop walnuts, measure ingredients.
2. With a mixer (or by hand), thoroughly mix cold butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until totally blended.
3. Mix in egg, vanilla. Add in flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt and mix well.
4. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts by hand. NOTE: Walnuts are optional for those with allergy restrictions.
5. Divide dough into 6 cookies of 4oz ea. on parchment paper or Silpat. Keep as rough mounds to achieve rustic look.
6. Bake for 15 17 minutes, and do not overbake! Let cool 10 minutes and serve.
Cook along with City Cooking West, below!
The Related Life is written and produced by Related Luxury Rentals. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest events, news and announcements in your area, and tag us for a chance to be featured @therelatedlife and #therelatedlife.